Search This Blog

Saturday, December 3, 2011

Tim Holtz Tags!!

Tim's 12 Tags of Christmas are something I look forward to every year.

I actually get up before 6am and get to work right away the first 12 days in December to play along with Tim!  I've had blogging issues, but I finally figured a way around my problems, so I can share my tags!

Day One first attempt. 
I used a Maya Road keyboard chain for the sentiment, but I didn't like all the whitespace it left me with...so I tried again. I didn't have Tim's snowflake folder, so I used my snowflake Spellbinders embossing plate instead.
Day 1, second try.
I used a Tim folder for this one, and like the embossing much better...but with my pumped up sentiment, you can hardly see it. lol  The alphas are super cheapies that are years old from Dollarama.  I sanded them, and glittered them up, then inked the distressed bare parts.   I ran out of tiny cones, and substituted some matte jingle bells instead.

Day two tag. 
I actually had most of the stuff for this one!!  I love how it turned out.

Day three tags. 
first try
I didn't have anything for this one. lol
it's a sad first attempt.
I like these much better, but they're totally different than Tim's.
I used his folders, then some gold paint dauber over parts of the embossing, then inked, and added the clusters.  Sadly I don't have any of his greenery dies, and I freehanded the holly, and used some Martha Stewart punches, QK die for the mistletoe, and one tim mover and shapers leaf.  The black flourishes are bosskut and dienamics dies.
So there they are.  All my Tim Tags from the first three days of December 2011. 

Thanks for looking!

1 comment:

TracyM said...

You've ROCKED the tim tags so far Jillian! And your dt work is again steller!