Search This Blog

Sunday, December 11, 2011

On the 11th day of Christmas....

Tim Holtz gave to me....
A tag i couldn't even hope to reproduce. lol

I can't find my shrink plastic, I killed my Ranger heat gun, and I'm sad...even moreso becuase there is only ONE TAG LEFT! 
Sigh.

Okay, enough whining. 
Here's what I came up with.
I don't have these stamps.  again.
I can't find the shrink plastic, and I'm using a hot glue melting pot as a UTEE melting pot..and it happens to have BRONZE UTEE in it. lol  Not exactly perfect subsitiutions, but it's what I had to work with. Oh, and I didn't have the holly die either.


I like the branches.  I actually had this UTEE technique, of using it on Cardstock punches to make 'metal embellishments' published in CK magazine!  That was many, many, many years ago...like in 2002 or 2003. lol I was happy to play with it again! 
When I find my Shrink plastic, I'll give his technique a try, and I just KNOW I'll be addicted!

This last tag, that didn't rotate, (sorry), was made by using the weathered wood distress stain for the backing on the glossy cs.  But that was before my Heat gun kicked the big one.  Sigh.
One more day, and as eager as i am to see how he wraps up the 12 tags this year, I wish tomorrow would never come.  It's always soooo sad to see it end.  I look forward to this all year!